Tuesday, February 8, 2011

We don't live in a museum

Hi, my name is Emily, and I'm a perfectionist.  (I know, shocker, right?)  I generally have adapted pretty well to the constant mess and clutter that comes with ripping apart your house, putting it back together again, and living in half the space you were intended to use.  Pretty well.  But occassionally (like tonight) I get fed up with the dirty dishes in the sink that were left to go paint crown moulding, or annoyed at the pile of laundry that is on the floor because I'm trying to wait until the washer and dryer are hooked up here and avoid one more dreaded trip to the laundromat.

So although I know that a house is intended to be lived in - not to be a museum - sometimes I still forget.  And blogger Centsational Girl's post was so perfectly written (and my finding it so perfectly timed!) that I wanted to pass it along.  I think everyone could use a reminder on just what "home" is.  Enjoy!

Click here to read What Makes a House a Home? by Centsational Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Linkwithin