Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Front Porch!

Well, the long-awaited day has come: I am pleased to report that my camera, my camera cord, and myself are all in the same place - and there's an internet connection! I suspect that this should be a much more frequent occurrence going forward, and I hope my loyal readers haven't lost interest in our progress during our time of disconnection!

When we first bought the house, I knew that the front porch was one of the places where we could get a good bang for our buck - both in terms of time and money spent - towards increased curb appeal.

Here's us, on the day we signed all the papers:



Here's the light and the lovely, psychedelic house numbers - before:















Here's the "after," or I supposed I should say the "on the way:"
















Please note that the gray blobs are not really part of the house - just my unskilled attempt in Paint to maintain some internet security about where we live!

In the photos, you may also notice that the prior owner's name was displayed on the front porch - and it happens to be the name of Justin's hometown. Some things are certainly meant to be.

Also, there was some aging indoor-outdoor carpet that we've removed. The floors will be repainted next spring or summer, but for now they're looking better than before! In front of our door, check out the awesome doormat from Justin's sister :)

On the corner of the porch, we now have a flag (thanks, Colin!), a fern, and another beautiful plant from my bridal shower (thanks, Lisa!):



We also purchased some brown wicker chairs and a table from Lowe's. I'll be picking up the table on Tuesday, so stay tuned for additional "after" porch photos!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting married (soon!!) and buying a house, Emily! I just wanted to tell you that I love reading your blog and seeing your home improvement updates. We recently bought a house too, so it's fun to see what other people are doing with their homes. Have fun and keep the posts coming!!

    Michelle Kisner

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to be served tea on the front porch during my next visit...made with your new teapot of course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HMMM, not sure if I figured out how to comment but hopefully you'll see that I am hoping to be served tea on this lovely front porch on my next visit!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Linkwithin