Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Crowd Participation [How to Post Comments]

The purpose of this post is two-fold.  10% of the purpose is to say "Hey...I want to hear that you're out there!  Here's a not-so-subtle hint to post comments."  90% of the purpose is to help people out, because I've honestly heard several loyal blog readers say they've had trouble trying to get a comment posted.

And so, without further ado....How to Post a Comment!

1) At the bottom of each blog post, you will see the current number of comments (usually, 0, although theoretically that will change after you read this!)  Click on the link where it says comments (circled in red below)


2) After you click on the comment link, this screen will appear.  Type your comment in the big open box.


3) After typing your comment in the box, click on the drop-down arrow where it says "Select profile..."  From this list, select "Name/URL"



4) Type your name in the box, and leave the URL blank (unless you have your own website, and would like to share it).  Click continue.

5) Click "Post Comment"


6) Smile, because you just increased my comment count!  You should be able to see record at the bottom of the post, and when other people click on the Comment count, they can read what you wrote



I hope this makes sense!  If you have questions, let me know (although you'll have to find another means of communication if that's the case!)  :)  Thanks in advance for the comments, it really makes my day when people respond to my posts!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Emily- I am definitely reading :) Loving to see the progress. We only painted our new place, and that was enough home improvement for us for now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading your blog all along and never knew how to comment. Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are enjoying the summer weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this feature. Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been reading too and needed the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Emily,
    Haven't been on in awhile. Enjoyed reading the posts. She growing more beautiful and the home looks awesome.

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! I am actually getting ready to across this information, is very helpful my friend. Also great blog here with all of the valuable information you have. Keep up the good work you are doing here.nocov

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Linkwithin