Wednesday, May 15, 2013

I'm back...without any pressing problems!

Guys.  It's been a long time since I posted.


This was supposed to be the opening to some Quick Takes on Friday...but you can see how far I got!  After I've neglected the blog for a few days weeks, I always feel like I need to have something spectacular to make it worth your wait, which - of course - makes me procrastinate even longer since nothin' on this old blog is really in the "spectacular" category!  (Well, except maybe Anna ;) but I'm biased!)  So today I finally decided something is better than nothing....

A little "renovation" project from a find from a local consignment shop:

Here's what I started with - a $5 (but free to me, because I had store credit from consigning some things!) seen-better-days TV tray table.



And, today, my solution to my annoyance at my large, in-the-way, screechy ironing board that I usually set up to sew.  (Credit for the idea to this project from The Crafty Cupboard on Pinterest).



It took less than an hour, and I used some extra batting & cotton fabric I had and pulled them tight and stapled them to the underside of the table.  Voila!  A much less annoying ironing solution.  It's too small (and a tiny bit wobbly) to do significant ironing, but since I typically just need to press some seams while sewing, it works perfectly.  Or - I imagine it will work perfectly.  Headed upstairs to try it out now!








1 comment:

  1. Haha I know what you mean about missing doing a post when you plan--happens all the time! Love your small ironing board! Neat idea :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Linkwithin