Sunday, August 19, 2012

Dreams, realized

Thank you so much to everyone for your sweet comments about Anna's nursery!  I'm really excited about how everything turned out, and even more excited to meet my sweet little girl and bring her home to her new room!  She did not take my hints from the last week and decide to come early, so I'm pretty much sitting around waiting to go into labor.  I've been doing some small projects here and there, but primarily I'm enjoying the fact that I can indulge my exhaustion and lounge / nap for most of the day.  I don't think I'll be doing that in a few weeks!  Today, during my lounging, I read back through a lot of the blog archives, and realized (yet again) that I do enjoy keeping record in this way.  Even though it hasn't been terribly consistent, there is a decent amount of history that I have maintained - as much for myself as for my readers.  I had forgotten some of the posts I'd written, like this "Remember When" post that was a real tear-jerker for me in my current state :)  I've learned not to make any promises, so I certainly won't say what frequency I'll be keeping up with writing after Miss Anna's arrival, but I know I'd at least like to try.  Like I said, if nothing else, it's a great journal for me to look back and see all the dreams that have come true.

Speaking of (little) dreams that have come true, I mentioned last August that I've had a dream of having kitchen shelves stocked with glass containers of dry goods.  A year later, that project has been completed, too, and it's every bit as great as I imagined.  I anticipate that it will be even better once I have the energy back to do significant cooking and baking - but for now, the easy access to peanuts and chocolate chips for snacks is great!  (I'd say that fits with my doctor's recommendation for frequent protein-rich snacks, right??)



Thanks to our friend Greg, my Dad, and to Justin for the help with this project!  (It spanned several weekends of visitors as we tried to engineer sturdy shelves into only one stud!)  It's everything that I dreamed of (here).

I know, I know, I'm a sappy pregnant lady.  But what else is there to do but be grateful when you've got a dream house, the world's greatest husband, and a tiny little life kicking inside of you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Linkwithin