Friday, March 29, 2013

Love at home

I can't stop looking at this picture:

Pope Francis kisses the foot of a prisoner at the Casal Del Marmo Youth Detention Center during the Mass of the Lord's Supper on Thursday, March 28 in Rome.

{image from CNN}

For anyone who doesn't know the story - Part of the Holy Thursday liturgy is the humble act of the washing of the feet (just as Jesus washed the feet of His disciples at the Last Supper).  Pope Francis chose to go to a juvenile detention facility and wash - and kiss - the kids' feet.

Wow.

Talk about living our faith, and about an example of love!

What does this have to do with home renovation?  Well, you already know that I've been focusing on not just the physical characteristics of our home.  Tonight at Mass, as I was praying, the phrase "show her love" became forefront in my mind - a message, I believe ties to my primary role as a mother.  To show Anna love - both by loving her directly, and by showing her what loving others looks like.  True, humble, selfless love. I certainly have a ways to go, but I am so inspired by Pope Francis' loving example, and desire to show this love here within our home and to the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Linkwithin