Friday, December 19, 2014

Quick Takes: Edition 9 {the forgotten posts}

For inexplicable reasons, my second most-viewed post ever is the guest post Justin wrote about his fight against the ants in our old kitchen.  I think there must somehow be an errant link out in Internet-world that sends people to the post, and then it's a self-fulfilling prophecy because it keeps showing up on my sidebar in the "popular posts" section and people keep clicking.  I don't think he'd be offended if I said it was just a silly, off-the-cuff paragraph he typed up one evening, and (I hope!) he'd agree that it's not the best thing on the blog - and, at the very least, not representative of the types of things you can typically find around here.

And so, today, I'm going to give a quick run-down on some of the forgotten posts; things I've written that are more representative of the general theme, things I've spent a lot of time on, things I'm proud of....and things I want you to click on (instead of those darn ants!)

(1)
It all started as a renovation diary, and this sentimental post about the process of finding the (physical) former glory of the old house might not mean as much to the average reader, but it means a lot to me.

Remember When?  (June 2011)

(Note: the best concise way to see all of the renovations is in the House Tour tab, above)

(2)
A little theological reflection on how attitude changes everything


(3)
Three part how-to-sew tutorial: not the best you'll find on the Internet, but hopefully a little bit helpful.  The first two parts are probably more helpful than the technical one.


(4)
One of my most (legitimately) popular posts, after the ants: an analysis on the practical reasons why being a stay-at-home-mom can be tough


(5)
A pair of posts featuring a little bit of fashion and a lot of cultural reflection


(6)
My impassioned defense for striving for success as a homemaker & mother


(7)
Observations on how to attain joy (and success) from the example of religious sisters and my (super)mom

Lessons in Joy (October 2013)
Chasing Supermom (September 2014)



What are your thoughts?  Which posts were your favorites?  Should I just turn the blog over permanently to Justin and his extermination theme?  ;)

1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea for a post! I hadn't read some of these. Our most clicked on post is this gross one Claire wrote back in the day about the gross pregnancy symptoms she gets. We get a lot of google hits from it because some of the things she gets are very rare and gross. And she used pictures! Blah!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Linkwithin