Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Oh say, can you see?

During our car ride to the Poconos last weekend, Justin and I played our newly-learned game in which you choose a word, then take turns singing snippets of songs that contain that word in the lyrics. We went the longest with "see:"

"I can see clearly now, the rain is gone..."
"The bear went over the mountain, to see what he could see"
"I can see your rolling fields of green..."
"Do you see what I see"

etc, etc, etc...

This came to mind again this evening when I (finally) remembered to bring my camera and take a bunch of pictures of the house. So, without further ado, some visual proof that these projects really exist :)

Home inspection (April) -




Post carpet removal (July) -



Ugly carpet (before) -



Beautiful hardwood (in progress) - excuse the piles of sand, we still aren't sure why that was under the carpet!







We don't mind getting our hands dirty -




But we clean up nicely! (Amanda & Nick's wedding 7/10/10)
-



Kitchen ceiling drywall!




Well, those are the pictures for now. I have to share that I was very excited today to receive my first blog comment (thanks, Elizabeth!), so please don't be afraid to let me know what you think (or contribute additional "see" songs that we missed!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Linkwithin