Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Oops, I did it again.

My sincere apologies to anyone who's singing Britney Spears after reading the post title.  Literally, I have only met one person in my life who like Britney (but his middle school appreciation for her was enough to make up for everyone I've met who doesn't share that view).

But anyway, in all seriousness - Oops, I did it again.  I got carried away with house projects and totally forgot to update the blog at all.  In fact, even I was shocked when I went to the blog homepage and saw the bedroom curtains.  I mean, that's OLD news!

Since then, we've got rooms of new colors, a finished upstairs bathroom, and grown-up furnishings (i.e., a couch, not a bed pushed against a wall; a bed on a bed frame, not sitting on the floor; a guest night stand; two sweet little lamps; and an ottoman for my new chair Lilly).  We've also finished countless little tasks, like installing the covers over the light switches upstairs.  Man, is it nice to walk into a dark room and turn on the light without fear of accidentally hitting the wires and frying yourself.  It's also very nice to shower upstairs and not make a late-night or early-morning trek up and downstairs in a towel.  Also, to own a couch.  Also, to have 90% of our construction tools stored in the basement (vs. the 1st and 2nd floors!)

Yeah, so although we've been busy beavers getting projects done, perhaps the real reason that I've been delinquent on blog posts is tat I've been too busy enjoying living here.  I've realized recently that this is the first time in my life that I'm simply living.  In the moment, enjoying each day.  Every other period of my life seemed to have a deadline - high school preparation for college, college preparation for a job, my Harrisburg job preparing for a wedding and a move.  Not to say that I didn't have good times during each of those previous stages.  Or to say that I'll be a newly-wed in a slowly-coming-together old house forever.  But for this moment, I'm loving this life.  For the first time, I feel like I'm living my life, not just waiting for it to start.  What a fabulous feeling...and one I hope each of you reading can also say you share!

Sorry for the picture-less post.  I'll work on getting some meaty updates posted soon.  But I can't promise I won't stop and smell the roses (or the tiny little unknown bulbs sprouting by our driveway) before then :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Linkwithin