Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A pipe dream

I have been waiting to write a post titled "A pipe dream" for a very long time.  In fact, I started to make a list of future blog topics in November, and this was the first and only entry.  Obviously, I've been pretty excited about plumbing changes!  So excited, that I was so busy enjoying the updates (namely, the washer, which is currently running its 10th or 11th load in its short lifespan) that I didn't even post pictures!  Wait no longer!

First, our washer and dryer.  The "before" actually looks a little better in this case, because there's a bit of drywall work to do, not to mention the room hasn't been painted yet.  I can easily look beyond that for the joy of doing laundry at home! 

Before:


After:


We chose a smaller pedestal sink for the other side of the room (on a previously empty wall) to allow for the laundry machines.  The old, large vanity, was sold via our friend Craig (as in Craigslist) for $100!


That will also look better post-drywall patching, painting, and laundry!

The upstairs had a more dramatic change.

Before:




After:


Before:



After:




Not too shabby, eh?  I'm excited to tackle the small remaining projects (like putting on the switch plates, painting the vents, cleaning the mirror, etc) to reach the picture-perfect "after" I have in my mind. 

After all of this work, we could not have been more pleased with our plumbers!  I think we're on a first-name basis now after our sewage disaster, all of the upgrades, and....did I mention?...they'll be back tomorrow.  The hot water heater pilot light unexpectedly decided to stop staying lit today!  At least my cold shower will have nice fixtures ;)  I'm the unabashed optimist when it comes to our old house ~ and the "after" pictures above are certainly enough of a bright side to keep me happy for quite some time, cold water and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Linkwithin