Thursday, April 11, 2013

Is pretty plywood an oxymoron?

Today's projects is one that definitely falls into the category of "little updates" - and also "things I've been meaning to do for a LONG TIME!"

Here's the back of the house when we bought it:


Here's an updated shot I took on Saturday (note in particular the new roof & new fence, neither of which I can claim any part of, save a tiny bit of "project management."):  I did, however, paint the plywood door (to the basement stairwell) a dark gray-blue.  I finished that last August, and my mom helped by spray painting all of the hardware (I stayed far away to help make sure Anna didn't come out with extra arms or legs!)


Saturday, I finally put the finishing touch on the door.  


easily spent 100 times as long thinking about wanting to do this project than I actually did doing it!  I think it took...10 minutes?  Perhaps a little longer, if you count stirring the paint, making sure Anna wasn't eating grass, and going back to add some curliques (the stencil as-is was a bit smaller than I would have liked, so I filled it out by selecting small sections of it and stenciling those parts where the wreath needed to grow).

The stencil is by Martha Stewart and I got it at Michaels.  

This is one of those tiny little updates that makes me smile and makes the house look a little more loved.  I saw a quote on a mouse pad at Target recently that said "Some people look for a beautiful place, others make a place beautiful."  I would like to think I fall into the second category....that is, if pretty plywood isn't an oxymoron!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Linkwithin