Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Wisdom Wednesday

My excitement from completing several projects on Saturday has yet to translate to blog posts (about projects), so in the meantime I have another quote of home inspiration to share.  As I wrote before, I've been collecting these quotes and adding them to my "Home inspiration" page.  I've enjoyed this recent addition to the blog, and have decided to post new quotes when I find them - for "Wisdom Wednesday."  (We'll all hope this doesn't cause the same stress as past self-imposed blog parameters!)

Anyway, I had thought of this last week (and decided on Wednesday for the nice alliteration), and conveniently found a new quote this evening.  Wham - the first Wisdom Wednesday.

"It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home." - Kathleen Norris

I think this speaks to the vocation of marriage and family - to provide a safe physical house for the bodies of our family, and to provide a nurturing and loving home for the souls.  It speaks to the constant balance beam we walk as mothers - can't neglect the children for the laundry, but totally neglecting the laundry would be neglecting the child as well.  We could have the perfect (decorated, clean, organized) physical home, but without love, it would be empty and pointless!

Check back tomorrow for the next installment of building the house...and next Wednesday for Wisdom Wednesday 2 about building the home :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Linkwithin