Friday, October 4, 2013

Quick Takes: Edition 6

For all of you who have been so patiently awaiting the reveal of the whale dress, today is your day!  As suspected, announcing here that I wanted to have it done by today's story hour was an effective motivator - deadlines do help, after all :)  I won't mention that I was hemming it at 10:15 (story hour started at 11) - although, to be fair, it was completely finished last night, but when I held it up to her this morning I decided to let the hem out an inch so that it was more of a dress and less of a tunic.

And because I'm limited on both time and ideas today, these are going to be exceptionally quick takes (and very whale-centric!)  Linking up with Jen as usual - happy weekend, all!

-1-

Pre-library reading photo shoot.



-2-

Incidentally, she was more into reading the books we have at home than any we saw at the library.


-3-

Every time I try to pick a favorite shot after a photoshoot I say, "um, all of them?"  
Her cuteness manages to outweigh my incredible lack of photography skills.



-4-

I went with the plain ol' ribbon-in-hair approach because the headband I finished last night does not fit.  (Second too-small project finished this week.  The other was a crocheted hat.  Maybe I should measure her head).


-5-

I'm far less reckless than this photo would suggest.
(But even standing on the rocking chair seemed like a good idea for a few seconds to capture the back of the dress!)



-6-

Checking out books, pre-story hour.


-7-

I will never get tired of profile shots that show off those cheeks!



Looking forward to going back to story-hour next week (with considerably less pomp regarding her attire).




3 comments:

  1. Those cheeks! I love the dress, too. Very cute. I wish I had sewing skills... or knitting... or crocheting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress is beautiful and the baby more so! Great pictures.
    Big Family Small Farm—7QT’s

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, the dress is so adorable! And she only makes it cuter :)

    I have the same problem picking pictures - so I just post them all!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Linkwithin